1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
i think this is the best description of love i’ve ever heard. in all honesty i think its all you should look for. when you’re with someone who makes you feel this way its all you can think about and you feel incredible. nothing can stop you and nothing can bring you down. you’re happy every moment because each minute is a second closer till you’re back with them and every minute counts because its either another minute with them, or another till you will be. find someone who makes you feel this way and don’t settle for less because there are a great many mediocre things in life and love shouldn’t be one of them, it should make you scream out in joy, fear and elation and when you find it it it will be mad and extraordinary and you’ll love every second of it.
You wrecked me and
Cause you never think that the last time is the last time. You think there will be more. You think you have forever, but you don’t.
If it was meant to last, it would have.
Kiersten White, The Chaos of Stars
i can’t wait to feel this way about someone.
(Source: aseaofquotes, via kass-d)
Some things are worth fighting for—don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely a fighter—but I really think that what is right should be easy. My dad has always said that the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, and it’s so true.
Things didn’t work out because, well, greater things were in the works. It’s so difficult while we’re blind and hurting and don’t know which way is up. But, if you have faith in anything, have faith in the fact that the universe has a beautiful way of straightening things out far better than we ever could. You may not see it today or tomorrow, but you will look back in a few years and be absolutely perplexed and awed by how every little thing added up and brought you somewhere wonderful– or where you always wanted to be. You will be grateful that things didn’t work out the way you once wanted them to.